Requirements to be a Volunteer Guardian or Guardian Assistant|
- Even though state statute requires that volunteers must be 18 years of age or older, Union County requires that a volunteer guardian be at least 21 years of age.
- Volunteers who have been charged with or convicted of a crime involving theft, physical violence, or sexual or substance abuse usually cannot become a court appointed guardian.
- All volunteers must be interviewed by the Executive Director.
- All volunteers must attend a 3.5-hour training course.
- All volunteers must provide five references.
- All volunteers must submit to background checks.
- All volunteers must carry car insurance Bodily Injury (BI) limits of 100/300.